Sesame is done! Sesame is done!
Pattern: Sesame Cardigan by Melissa Wherle, published in MagKnits.
Yarn: 10 balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in Spring, plus smaller amounts of the same yarn in Beach (cream) and Tartan (dark green).
Needles: 5mm (US 8).
Modifications: Apart from adjusting for my gauge, I added a bit of fair-isle instead of stripes. I made the body and the arms a bit shorter, although the arms still turned out a bit too long.
Started March – May 2006.
Phew that took a long time didn’t it. It feels like a milestone, finishing this cardi. First adult-sized garment, for me. I love this cardigan, it’s soft and warm and cosy. I think I will wear it a lot, especially now that Sydney is starting to get that winter weather going.
I learnt a lot of new things during the making of this cardi, such as short-row shoulder shaping, setting in sleeves, and the big one — tubular bind-off. I’m sure that will be useful again.
Now that Sesame is done, I’ve been itching to start something new. Been fussing over what to knit next. I’m thinking of making another cardi or pullover, either for me or Annette, but haven’t decided on a pattern yet.
In the mean time, I have started on this:
It’s Shedir from Knitty, but I’m using Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran from stash, instead of the Rowan Calmer. I’ve decided to make this after being inspired by Jo and Belinda. 🙂 This yarn is thicker, so I’m dropping two of the repeats per row, and fewer repeats of the main cable pattern. Pretty much like the mods that Jo did to make her baby shedir. I’ve tried it on, mid-progress, and so far it fits me quite well. 🙂